Saturday, April 16

<=!book freak!=>

powerbooks is on sale! the dimwit me failed to notice the big "20% on ALL books" hanging just above the counter.

my present financial state allowed me to buy only one:

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY by Libba Bray

i saw some more and looked for some which, sadly, weren't there. in moments of book-obsession in its highest level, i decided to shift to amazon. i just hope most of my orders get in time for my sister's departure for manila in two weeks. the shipping cost alone could kill you when i have them sent here in manila. i am literally shaking with the thoughts of the books of...

SALMAN RUSHDIE

BANANA YOSHIMOTO

HARUKI MURAKAMI

and oh, i am hoping that there will be a paperback of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. please. it's just too expensive. and The Discworld Omnibus, too.

p.s.
it's a bit hassle carrying printed stuff with you as if you're a student when in fact you just have a book. but i would rather take it than shell out 300+ for a real book, considering my cheapskate level. e-books worked for me; the ones i have now are those i have been having 2nd thoughts of buying because they might not be good, and now, i got them for a meager price (including my future cartridge and paper consumption). i now have...

CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC
SHOPAHOLIC TIES THE KNOT
VERONIKA DECIDES TO DIE
THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON
ILLUMINATUS! (The Trilogy)
ORYX AND CRAKE
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

i'm sooo happy.